- Published Dec 24th
- Ready In1h
Classic Gingerbread Cutouts Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Classic Gingerbread Cutouts for 36 servings:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 egg whites
Classic Gingerbread Cutouts Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h
To cook Classic Gingerbread Cutouts, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Classic Gingerbread Cutouts is about 12 minutes , and you can serve your Classic Gingerbread Cutouts within 1 hour . The following are the steps to cook Classic Gingerbread Cutouts easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Stir in the molasses and eggs. Combine 1 1/2 cups of the flour, baking soda, salt, allspice, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger; beat into the molasses mixture. Gradually stir in the remaining flour by hand to form a stiff dough.
- 3 Divide dough into 2 pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters. Place cookies 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- 4 Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 5 In a medium bowl, sift together confectioners' sugar and cream of tartar. Blend in egg whites. Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat for about 5 minutes, or until mixture is thick and stiff. Keep covered with a moist cloth until ready to frost cookies.
Per Serving: 153 calories; 3 grams of fat; 29.8 grams of carbohydrates; 2.1 grams of protein; 17 milligrams of cholesterol; 80 milligrams of sodium.