This is a salad that everyone seems to love. I always get lots of compliments on this recipe and it is just a pleasing taste that seems to suit everyone.
- 4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup distilled white vinegar
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 2 ½ tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimento peppers
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- 2 In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in the onion, celery, green pepper, carrot, pimentos and macaroni. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving, but preferably overnight.
- Calories 390
- Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Cholesterol 8.4 mg
- Fat 18.7 g
- Fiber 2.8 g
- Protein 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Sodium 528.6 mg
- Sugar 15.5 g