Published Aug 15th
Prep 15m Cook 10m Additional 1h Ready In 1h 25m
Servings 4 servings Calories 372.6
Tender pork tenderloin is the perfect partner to this tasty Asian-flavored buckwheat cold noodle salad.
- 6 ounces dried soba noodles
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 medium lime, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 ounces pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add soba noodles, and cook according to package directions, about 4 minutes. Drain noodles, rinse under cold water, and set aside to cool.
- 2 Whisk peanut butter, water, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, hoisin sauce, Sriracha, soy sauce, lime zest and juice, garlic, and ginger together in a small bowl for the dressing. Pour dressing over noodles. Add red bell pepper and toss to combine. Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 1 hour.
- 3 Stir teriyaki sauce, rice vinegar, and red pepper flakes together in a bowl until well combined. Cut pork tenderloin into very thin slices, about 1/8 inch thick, then cut each slice in half. Add pork to marinade, cover bowl, and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or longer.
- 4 Remove pork from refrigerator. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, and heat the remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil until hot. Add pork, separating pieces to cover the skillet's bottom. Cook the pork, occasionally stirring, until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Your time will depend on how thinly the pork is cut, but try not to overcook to retain tenderness.
- 5 Remove noodles from the refrigerator and give them a good stir. Divide the noodles among 4 plates or bowls. Evenly distribute the pork on top of the noodles and garnish with peanuts, green onion and sesame seeds before serving.
- Calories 372.6
- Carbohydrate 44 g
- Cholesterol 18.5 mg
- Fat 16.1 g
- Fiber 2.4 g
- Protein 18 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Sodium 1314.5 mg
- Sugar 6.5 g