This is from a healthy cooking class. The beauty of this salad is that it will wait for you. It makes such a pretty dish on the table. The Soba buckwheat noodles are worth a trip to the Asian grocery store. Serve with salad tongs and try adding a horizontally sliced scallion for a eye catching garnish.
- 16 ounces dried soba noodles
- ¼ cup tamari
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- ½ teaspoon chili oil
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 In a large stockpot, cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Rinse with cool water; drain well.
- 2 In a small bowl mix together 3 tablespoons tamari sauce, 3 tablespoons sesame oil, vinegar, sugar and Chili oil.
- 3 Using tongs, toss noodles with sauce to coat well. Marinate in a covered bowl for 2 hours, or up to 24 hours, tossing occasionally.
- 4 Bring marinated noodles to room temperature. Mix the remaining 1Tablespoon each of tamari and oil and pour over the noodles. Three hours before serving stir in sweet red peppers, two thirds of the green onions, and half of the grated carrots.
- 5 To serve, mound the noodles on a serving platter and sprinkle with the remaining green onions and carrots.
- Calories 276.7
- Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Fat 7.6 g
- Fiber 1.1 g
- Protein 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Sodium 955.2 mg
- Sugar 3.3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.