- Published Aug 12th
- Ready In30m
These tortillas are a favorite weekday meal of mine. You may add jalapeno peppers or super hot salsa in this recipe if you like your food fiery hot.
Colorful Vegetable Fajitas Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Colorful Vegetable Fajitas for 4 servings:
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 yellow squash, halved and sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Colorful Vegetable Fajitas Cooking Instructions
- Ready In30m
To cook Colorful Vegetable Fajitas, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Colorful Vegetable Fajitas is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Colorful Vegetable Fajitas within 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Colorful Vegetable Fajitas easily:
- 1 Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil, and place in oven. Turn heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake for 15 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
- 2 In a 10 inch skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add onions, red and green peppers, and garlic; stir to coat with oil. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook for 5 minutes. Stir squash into vegetables. Stir in salsa, cumin, and salt. Cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
- 3 Spoon vegetable mixture evenly down the centers of warm tortillas, and sprinkle with cheese and cilantro. Roll up tortillas, and serve.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 531 calories; 22.8 grams of fat; 64.7 grams of carbohydrates; 17.6 grams of protein; 25 milligrams of cholesterol; 1111 milligrams of sodium.