- Published Jun 15th
- Ready In1h 25m
Cream cheese and chocolate are a perfect combo for melt-in-your-mouth truffles. Adding a little shortening to the
chocolate as it melts makes the chocolate more fluid and easier to use for coating. It also makes the chocolate a
little shinier once it has set. Transfer truffles to individual paper cups or mini muffin liners inside an airtight container and store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
Cookies-and-Cream Truffles Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Cookies-and-Cream Truffles for 42 servings:
- 1 (14 ounce) package chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreo®)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1 pound semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
Cookies-and-Cream Truffles Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 25m
To cook Cookies-and-Cream Truffles, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Cookies-and-Cream Truffles is about 5 minutes , and you can serve your Cookies-and-Cream Truffles within 1 hour 25 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Cookies-and-Cream Truffles easily:
- 1 Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- 2 Pulse chocolate sandwich cookies in a food processor until they are fine crumbs. Set aside 1/2 cup crumbs in a small bowl. Add cream cheese to remaining crumbs in the food processor; pulse until well combined.
- 3 Shape cream cheese mixture into walnut-size balls using dampened hands.
- 4 Melt chocolate and shortening in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, about 1 to 3 minutes.
- 5 Dip balls in the chocolate mixture, turning with a fork to completely coat. Lift the truffles out of the chocolate mixture using 2 forks, letting excess chocolate drip into the bowl. Transfer truffles to the prepared baking sheet. Immediately sprinkle reserved cookie crumbs over truffles.
- 6 Chill truffles in refrigerator until firm, about 1 hour.
- Cook's Notes:
- For red-and-white-striped truffles, use white chocolate instead of semisweet chocolate for the coating and skip the crumb topping. Tint remaining coating (left over from dipping the balls) with red gel food coloring, warm it gently, and drizzle over the chilled balls.
- For brown-and-white-striped truffles, skip the crumb topping, and drizzle chilled balls with melted white chocolate.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the chocolate coating. The actual amount consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 119 calories; 7.4 grams of fat; 13 grams of carbohydrates; 1.7 grams of protein; 6 milligrams of cholesterol; 61 milligrams of sodium.