I always have bunches of leftover corn chowder! This is a great appetizer everyone will enjoy.
- 6 sheets phyllo dough
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 ½ cups corn chowder
- 1 Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet with shortening. Place the phyllo sheets between two pieces of waxed paper and top with a damp cloth.
- 2 Place a large piece of waxed paper on a flat surface. Place one sheet of the phyllo dough on the waxed paper; use a pastry brush to spread melted butter over the sheet to coat in a thin layer, starting on the edges and working your way to the center. Place a second sheet of phyllo dough atop and repeat the brushing with butter; top the second sheet with a third sheet and again brush with butter. Repeat the process with the remaining three sheets and butter so you have two stacks of three sheets of buttered phyllo dough.
- 3 Arrange about 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese along one edge of each of the phyllo dough stacks. Spread 3/4 cup of the corn chowder along side each line of mozzarella cheese. Roll each of your phyllo dough stacks into a long roll with the fillings in the center; brush the tops of each roll with melted butter. Place the rolls on the prepared baking sheet.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Cut into bite sized pieces to serve.
- Calories 84.9
- Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 13.7 mg
- Fat 6 g
- Fiber 0.1 g
- Protein 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Sodium 170.3 mg
- Sugar 0.1 g