No mayonnaise in this potato-corn salad. This different presentation is pretty with small skin-on whole potatoes that you smash. If desired, cover and chill up to 24 hours. Bring to room temperature at least 1 hour before serving. If needed, toss with additional olive oil and vinegar before serving.
- 2 pounds small Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled
- 3 ears corn, shucked
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Place potatoes and corn in a large pot; cover with 2 inches of water. Add 1 tablespoon salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer until corn is tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove corn. Continue simmering potatoes until very tender, about 15 minutes.
- 2 Combine onion, vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Cut corn kernels from the cob and add to bowl.
- 3 Drain potatoes and place on a cutting board. Break up potatoes using a masher and transfer to the bowl of. Add oil and stir gently to combine. Let salad cool to room temperature, at least 20 minutes.
- 4 Add basil and cilantro to the salad; season with salt and pepper.
- Calories 190
- Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Fat 7.6 g
- Fiber 3.1 g
- Protein 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Sodium 974.2 mg
- Sugar 1.7 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.