Layers of cornbread, pickles, tomatoes, bell peppers and onions with a mayo dressing. Delicious!
- 16 ounces cornbread muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 pound bacon
- ½ cup sweet pickle juice
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup chopped sweet pickle
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9x13 inch pan.
- 2 Combine the cornbread muffin mix, eggs and milk, stir until just combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- 3 Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool. Once cool crumble into bite-size chunks.
- 4 Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- 5 Whisk together the pickle juice and mayonnaise.
- 6 In a large bowl layer 1/2 of the crumbled cornbread followed by the onion, pepper, tomatoes and pickles. Drizzle with 1/2 of the dressing and repeat. Top with bacon and chill for 1 hour.
- Calories 807.6
- Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Cholesterol 137 mg
- Fat 65.8 g
- Fiber 2.3 g
- Protein 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Sodium 1297.4 mg
- Sugar 10.8 g