- Published Sep 1st
- Ready In40m
Country Fried Potatoes with Hatch Chiles Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Country Fried Potatoes with Hatch Chiles for 2 servings:
- 2 Hatch chile peppers
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large russet potato
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 pinch seasoned salt (such as LAWRY'S®), or to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Country Fried Potatoes with Hatch Chiles Cooking Instructions
- Ready In40m
To cook Country Fried Potatoes with Hatch Chiles, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Country Fried Potatoes with Hatch Chiles is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Country Fried Potatoes with Hatch Chiles within 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Country Fried Potatoes with Hatch Chiles easily:
- 1 Place Hatch chiles directly on the grates of a gas stove over medium heat. Cook, flipping with tongs occasionally, until blackened and charred, about 5 minutes. Place in a sealed plastic bag and allow to cool, 7 to 8 minutes. Peel off charred skins, remove seeds, and slice chiles.
- 2 Slice potato using a mandoline.
- 3 Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add potato slices and fry undisturbed until starting to brown and soften, 8 to 12 minutes. Add onion slices and chiles. Season with seasoned salt and black pepper. Stir to combine. Cook until onions are translucent and potatoes are fully softened and browned on the second side, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Adjust spice level by adding more Hatch chiles.
Per Serving: 305 calories; 14.2 grams of fat; 41 grams of carbohydrates; 5.5 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 131 milligrams of sodium.