- Published Jun 8th
Country Fried Squash Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Country Fried Squash:
- 6 pounds butternut squash - peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1 cup oil for frying
Country Fried Squash Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Country Fried Squash easily:
- 1 Combine egg and milk together in a small bowl, mix well.
- 2 In a second bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper and garlic salt. Dip squash slices first in the egg mixture, then dredge the squash in the dry mixture.
- 3 Heat 1/2 inch of oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Fry squash until golden brown.
Per Serving: 501 calories; 105 g of carbohydrate; 49 mg of cholesterol; 8.7 g of fat; 15.2 g of fiber; 12.3 g of protein; 1.7 g of saturatedFat; 145 mg of sodium; 17 g of sugar;