Quick, easy and delicious mashed potatoes with corn and carrots.
- 1 pound red potatoes
- 1 pound Yukon Gold (yellow) potatoes
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 12 ounces baby carrots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen white corn, thawed
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Place red potatoes, yellow potatoes, jalapeno pepper, carrots and garlic cloves in a large pot. Cover with water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Drain water from pot.
- 2 Stir in corn and butter. Mash the mixture with a potato masher until butter is melted and potatoes have reached desired consistency. Mix in cheese, salt, and pepper. Serve hot.
- Calories 175.1
- Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 19.4 mg
- Fat 7.3 g
- Fiber 3.2 g
- Protein 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Sodium 108.2 mg
- Sugar 2.2 g