Delicious, lean, grass-fed beef burgers stuffed with crab cakes for an unbelievable combinations of flavors. A whole new spin of surf ‘n turf, all on a bun. Easily made in a toaster oven for a quick meal for two with very little cleanup. Recipe for two 1/2-pound stuffed burgers, but adjust as needed.
- 1 serving nonstick olive oil cooking spray
- ½ pound fresh lump crabmeat
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- ½ tablespoon low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 pound grass-fed lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil buttery spread
- 2 slices American cheese
- 1 potato rolls, split
- 1 Preheat the oven or a toaster oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a toaster oven base pan with foil and spray the rack with nonstick olive oil spray.
- 2 Combine crabmeat and panko bread crumbs in a bowl; mix together.
- 3 Combine parsley, mayonnaise, egg, Worcestershire, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and cayenne for crab cakes in a separate bowl and mix thoroughly. Mix into crab mixture and form into two crab cakes; try to keep them compact and not too thick. Place on the prepared oven rack.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the crab cakes reaches 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 15 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time. Remove from the oven and let sit on a wire rack.
- 5 Combine beef, egg, Worcestershire, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and cayenne pepper for burgers in a bowl. Mix thoroughly. Divide mixture into four equal parts and flatten until they are larger than the crab cakes.
- 6 Lay one flattened burger out and place one crab cake in the middle. Lay a second burger on top and pinch the edges completely around, sealing around the crab cake. Repeat for the second burger. Place crab cake burgers on the toaster oven rack and coat tops with olive oil spread.
- 7 Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the centers and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the centers reads at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), or to desired doneness, about 15 minutes.
- 8 Top burgers with American cheese slices and serve on potato rolls.
- Calories 1072
- Carbohydrate 35 g
- Cholesterol 387.8 mg
- Fat 75.6 g
- Fiber 0.8 g
- Protein 66.9 g
- Saturated Fat 24.2 g
- Sodium 1337.9 mg
- Sugar 2.1 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.