- Published May 13th
Crab-Filled Egg Rolls With Ginger-Lime Dipping Sauce Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Crab-Filled Egg Rolls With Ginger-Lime Dipping Sauce for 45 servings:
- 15 egg roll wrappers
- 1 pound pasteurized lump crabmeat
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- Dipping sauce:
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
Crab-Filled Egg Rolls With Ginger-Lime Dipping Sauce Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Crab-Filled Egg Rolls With Ginger-Lime Dipping Sauce easily:
- 1 Place an egg-roll wrapper on a work surface. Center 3 Tbs. crabmeat on the wrapper, forming it into a log. Fold the corner closest to you tightly over the filling, then overlap right and left corners. Then, as if forming a cigarette, roll wrapper tightly, moistening the end with wet fingertips. Press to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and crab.
- 2 Heat oil in a Dutch oven to 300 degrees. Cook rolls, 5 at a time, turning once, until blond, about 2 minutes. Drain, cool and refrigerate in a zipper-lock bag. (Can be prepared to this point up to 3 days ahead.) Reserve oil.
- 3 Several hours before serving, mix dipping sauce ingredients together. Heat oven to 200 degrees. Reheat oil to 375 degrees in Dutch oven. Cook rolls again, 5 at a time, turning once, until crisp and golden brown, about 2 minutes. Drain on a rack set over a lipped cookie sheet and place in warm oven; can be held up to 20 minutes.
- 4 Cut each roll into thirds, sprinkle with cilantro and serve with dipping sauce.
- Copyright 2004 USA WEEKEND and columnist Pam Anderson. All rights reserved.
Per Serving: 37 calories; 2.1 grams of fat; 1.9 grams of carbohydrates; 2.4 grams of protein; 9 milligrams of cholesterol; 98 milligrams of sodium.