This stuffing is great for vegetarians and non-vegetarians. It has a wonderful light and fruity taste. Since most of my family has been vegetarian for 25 years, we make this stuffing in a casserole instead of stuffing it in the turkey. You can, however, stuff the turkey with it and it is just as good!
- 1 (1 pound) loaf Italian bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- 3 Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup apple cider
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a large casserole dish.
- 2 In a large bowl, mix the bread cubes, cranberry sauce, apples, raisins, lemon zest, and orange zest. Season with salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, cider, and butter. Toss the egg mixture with the bread mixture until evenly moist. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish.
- 3 Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.
- Calories 299.5
- Carbohydrate 49.8 g
- Cholesterol 51.3 mg
- Fat 9.9 g
- Fiber 3 g
- Protein 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Sodium 589 mg
- Sugar 22.4 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.