A very pretty chicken; you can use a whole chicken cut up, or pieces. I generally use Country Legs (thigh & drumstick) as that is the cheapest chicken available.
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 In a large skillet brown the chicken in butter/margarine. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from skillet and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 3 In the drippings (in the skillet), saute onion and celery until tender. Add cranberry sauce and barbecue sauce. Mix well.
- 4 Pour cranberry mixture over chicken and bake in the preheated oven for 90 minutes, basting every 15 minutes.
- Calories 742.8
- Carbohydrate 53.9 g
- Cholesterol 182.5 mg
- Fat 39 g
- Fiber 2.1 g
- Protein 42.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Sodium 1013.4 mg
- Sugar 35.9 g