Published Jun 19th
Prep 15m Cook 15m Additional 15m Ready In 45m
Servings 16 bars Calories 242.6
These little bars are great to snack on, are perfect at holiday time, and would be excellent for a cookie exchange. If you have leftover dough after forming the bars, don’t worry, I find that the thinner the crust, the better.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 In a small saucepan over medium high heat, combine the cranberries, white sugar and orange zest. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook until the mixture has reduced to about 1 cup.
- 2 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x9 inch baking pan, line with foil, then grease the foil.
- 3 In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in the butter using your hands or a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press half of this mixture firmly into the prepared pan. Spread the cranberry sauce evenly over the base, then crumble the remaining oat mixture over the top.
- 4 Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is golden brown. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Calories 242.6
- Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Fat 9.3 g
- Fiber 1.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Sodium 161.2 mg
- Sugar 23.3 g