Sweet orange and tart cranberry make the perfect flavor combo in these golden brown scones.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 orange, zested
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled
- ⅓ cup Original Unsweetened Almond Breeze Almondmilk
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2 In a bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and orange zest. Cut butter into small cubes and cut into mixture until coarse and crumbly. Stir in Almond Breeze Almondmilk and orange juice, then fold in the cranberries.
- 3 On a floured surface, knead dough until it just comes together. Pat into a 1-inch round, cut into 8 wedges and place on a baking sheet. Brush tops with Almond Breeze Almondmilk, sprinkle with sugar and bake until golden brown for 12-15 minutes.
- Calories 231.8
- Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Fat 9.2 g
- Fiber 1.8 g
- Protein 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Sodium 284.1 mg
- Sugar 7.9 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.