- Published Dec 2nd
- Ready In5h 10m
Cranberry-Orange Shortbread Cookies with Apricots Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Cranberry-Orange Shortbread Cookies with Apricots for 32 servings:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large oranges, zested
- 1 cup finely chopped dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
Cranberry-Orange Shortbread Cookies with Apricots Cooking Instructions
- Ready In5h 10m
To cook Cranberry-Orange Shortbread Cookies with Apricots, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Cranberry-Orange Shortbread Cookies with Apricots is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Cranberry-Orange Shortbread Cookies with Apricots within 5 hours 10 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Cranberry-Orange Shortbread Cookies with Apricots easily:
- 1 Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg in a bowl; mix together.
- 2 Cream butter in a large bowl using an electric blender until fluffy and lightened in color slightly. Add sugar and cream on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, several more minutes. Mix in vanilla and orange zest. Add flour mixture in 3 batches and mix until just combined, kneading the last addition by hand. Knead in cranberries and apricots.
- 3 Divide dough in half and roll out into two 1 1/2x7-inch long logs. Wrap each log in parchment paper and refrigerate until dough is chilled, at least 4 hours.
- 4 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 5 Remove dough from the refrigerator and cut each log into about 16 slices that are 1/3-inch thick. Place slices 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets.
- 6 Bake in the preheated oven until cookies just begin to turn slightly golden on bottom, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Per Serving: 110 calories; 5.9 grams of fat; 14.1 grams of carbohydrates; 0.9 gram of protein; 15 milligrams of cholesterol; 23 milligrams of sodium.