- Published Apr 3rd
- Ready In1d 25m
I came up with this while playing around with sangria recipes. It has now become a traditional beverage at Thanksgiving and Christmas; my family actually got upset the one time I didn’t make it!
Cranberry Sangria Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Cranberry Sangria for 8 servings:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 cranberry-flavored tea bags
- 4 slices fresh lemon
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 (750 milliliter) bottles white wine
- 4 apples, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 2 fluid ounces apple brandy
Cranberry Sangria Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1d 25m
To cook Cranberry Sangria, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Cranberry Sangria is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Cranberry Sangria within 1 day 25 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Cranberry Sangria easily:
- 1 Place the sugar, tea bags, lemon slices, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and water into a saucepan, and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let mixture cool. Strain out and discard the spices, lemon, and tea bags.
- 2 Pour the white wine into a large jar or covered container, and mix with the tea mixture. Stir in apples and cranberries; mix in the apple brandy. Chill in refrigerator 24 to 48 hours. Serve cold.
- Cook's Note:
- I have made a kid-friendly version of this using white grape juice in place of the wine and a 1/4 cup of apple juice as the "kick!"
Per Serving: 381 calories; 0.3 grams of fat; 62.2 grams of carbohydrates; 0.5 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 14 milligrams of sodium.