- Published Jun 8th
- Ready In1h 35m
Cranberry, Sausage and Apple Stuffing Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Cranberry, Sausage and Apple Stuffing for 20 servings:
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 cups coarsely chopped leeks
- 3 tart apples - peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 4 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 12 cups white bread cubes, baked until slightly dry
- 1 1/3 cups chicken stock
- salt and black pepper to taste
Cranberry, Sausage and Apple Stuffing Cooking Instructions
- Cook1h 20m
- Ready In1h 35m
To cook Cranberry, Sausage and Apple Stuffing, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Cranberry, Sausage and Apple Stuffing is about 1 hour 20 minutes , and you can serve your Cranberry, Sausage and Apple Stuffing within 1 hour 35 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Cranberry, Sausage and Apple Stuffing easily:
- 1 Cook and stir sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, crumbling coarsely, for about 10 minutes. Remove sausage to a large bowl with a slotted spoon. Empty pan of grease.
- 2 Into the same pan melt the butter. Add the leeks or onions, apples, celery and poultry seasoning; cook until softened, about 10 minutes. Add the rosemary, dried cranberries and cooked sausage. Mix all with the dried bread cubes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Moisten with the chicken stock.
- 3 Stuff turkey with about 5 cups for a 14 pound turkey. Add additional chicken stock to moisten stuffing if needed. Remaining stuffing can be baked in a covered buttered casserole at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes to brown top.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 195 calories; 7.7 grams of fat; 26.6 grams of carbohydrates; 5.7 grams of protein; 15 milligrams of cholesterol; 468 milligrams of sodium.