- Published Mar 20th
- Ready In20m
Cream of Chicken Soup From Scratch Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Cream of Chicken Soup From Scratch for 4 servings:
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock, divided
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 1 pinch ground paprika
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
Cream of Chicken Soup From Scratch Cooking Instructions
- Ready In20m
To cook Cream of Chicken Soup From Scratch, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Cream of Chicken Soup From Scratch is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Cream of Chicken Soup From Scratch within 20 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Cream of Chicken Soup From Scratch easily:
- 1 Place 1 tablespoon of chicken stock in a saucepan over medium-low heat, and cook and stir the onion and garlic in the broth until they are softened, about 3 minutes. Pour in the rest of the broth and 1/2 cup of milk, and whisk in the salt, black pepper, parsley, lemon pepper seasoning, allspice, and paprika. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and allow to simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
- 2 Whisk together the remaining milk and the flour until smooth, and whisk the milk mixture into the hot stock mixture. Keep whisking continuously to avoid lumps until the soup comes almost to a boil and thickens.
- Cook's Note
- For best flavor, mix the pan drippings from a roasted chicken into enough chicken stock to equal 1 1/2 cups and continue with the recipe as directed.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 134 calories; 2.1 grams of fat; 22.9 grams of carbohydrates; 5.6 grams of protein; 7 milligrams of cholesterol; 198 milligrams of sodium.