- Published Oct 1st
Cream of Potato Soup I Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Cream of Potato Soup I for 8 servings:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 5 baking potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 stalks celery tops
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
Cream of Potato Soup I Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Cream of Potato Soup I easily:
- 1 In a stock pot, saute onion in butter until yellow and soft. Add chicken stock, carrots, celery tops and potatoes. Stir in salt and white pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and cook until vegetables are tender enough to easily pierce with a fork.
- 2 Remove carrots and celery tops and discard. Add evaporated milk and heat through.
- 3 Using a food processor or blender, puree soup in small batches. Return to stock pot and keep over low heat until ready to serve, making sure soup does not scorch if not serving immediately. Garnish with chives and serve.
Per Serving: 270 calories; 10.8 grams of fat; 32.4 grams of carbohydrates; 11.3 grams of protein; 14 milligrams of cholesterol; 1205 milligrams of sodium.