- Published Jul 5th
Creamed Onions and Sage Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Creamed Onions and Sage for 6 servings:
- 24 small onions
- 10 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 pinches paprika
Creamed Onions and Sage Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Creamed Onions and Sage easily:
- 1 Peel onions and trim slightly at the top and bottom. Boil the onions gently in salted water until tender (about 30 minutes).
- 2 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter one shallow baking dish.
- 3 Saute the sliced mushrooms in the butter or margarine. Stir in the flour. Stir in the half and half or milk, salt, sage, 1/2 of the lemon peel and all of the lemon juice. Cook, stirring over medium heat until sauce thickens.
- 4 Place the cooked onions in the prepared baking dish and pour the mushroom sauce over them.
- 5 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 20 minutes. Sprinkle the top with the chopped parsley, remaining lemon peel and paprika to taste.
Per Serving: 249 calories; 10.8 grams of fat; 34 grams of carbohydrates; 6.8 grams of protein; 28 milligrams of cholesterol; 552 milligrams of sodium.