This is a version of Valorie Walker’s recipe with a few of my changes. Enjoy.
- 1 turkey carcass
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 4 ounces fettuccine, broken into 2-inch pieces
- ¼ cup prepared stuffing, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch poultry seasoning, or to taste
- 1 Place turkey carcass in a large pot or Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer for 1 hour. Remove carcass and allow to cool. Separate turkey meat from the bones. Cut meat into bite-size pieces; discard bones. Reserve about 12 cups turkey broth in a large bowl. Save remaining broth for another use.
- 2 Melt butter in another large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat; cook and stir onion, carrots, and celery in melted butter until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir flour into vegetable mixture; cook and stir until smooth, about 5 minutes. Gradually stir in about 1/3 the reserved turkey broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- 3 Stir remaining turkey broth, turkey meat, half-and-half, fettuccine, stuffing, salt, chicken bouillon, pepper, and poultry seasoning into half-and-half mixture. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until noodles are tender, about 10 minutes more.
- Calories 273.5
- Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 56.8 mg
- Fat 21.7 g
- Fiber 1.1 g
- Protein 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Sodium 442.2 mg
- Sugar 1.3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.