Good veggie dish.
- 1 (16 ounce) package ziti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons rubbed dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, or more to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 10 to 11 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 2 Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add squash and saute until fork-tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Add garlic, sage, and thyme; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 3 Fold in cream and spinach; bring to a simmer. Add 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper. Add ziti and toss until evenly coated. Cook until sauce has thickened, 1 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 4 Divide between 8 bowls. Top with walnuts and more Parmesan.
- Calories 426.5
- Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Cholesterol 63.3 mg
- Fat 21.7 g
- Fiber 2.9 g
- Protein 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Sodium 63.2 mg
- Sugar 2.5 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.