Creamy chicken with a hint of mustard tang is great served on your favorite pasta or rice.
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced leeks
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup half and half
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Argo® Corn Starch
- ½ teaspoon Spice Islands® Thyme
- Chopped parsley
- 1 Pat chicken breasts dry with paper towels; cut each breast into 2 to 3 pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Place half of the chicken in Dutch oven and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until nicely browned.
- 2 Remove chicken to platter and repeat with remaining chicken. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to the pan. Add leeks and garlic and cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil stirring well to scrape any browned bits from bottom of pan. Add chicken back to the Dutch oven; cover and simmer 10 minutes. Mix half and half and corn starch together; add to Dutch oven along with Dijon mustard and thyme. Stir until thickened. Remove from heat and let sit 3 minutes. Transfer to serving platter and sprinkle with chopped, fresh parsley. Serve immediately with rice or noodles.
- Calories 195.4
- Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 50 mg
- Fat 10.6 g
- Fiber 0.5 g
- Protein 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Sodium 248.6 mg
- Sugar 1 g