Farfalle pasta tossed with a creamy garlic sauce and chicken.
- 1 (16 ounce) package farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces and stems, drained
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons crushed garlic
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook farfalle at a boil, stirring occasionally, until cooked through yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes; drain and pour farfalle back into pot.
- 2 Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook chicken in the hot oil until no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and slice into thin strips.
- 3 Melt 2 tablespoons butter into the same skillet; cook and stir onions in the melted butter until transparent, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir mushrooms and chicken strips into onions; cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- 4 Heat 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet; stir flour into melted butter until dissolved, about 1 minute. Slowly whisk milk into flour mixture until smooth; add garlic, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil for 1 minute; reduce heat.
- 5 Stir chicken mixture and garlic sauce into farfalle; cook and stir over medium-low heat until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Calories 561.2
- Carbohydrate 66.5 g
- Cholesterol 83.4 mg
- Fat 19.5 g
- Fiber 3.5 g
- Protein 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Sodium 247.9 mg
- Sugar 8.6 g