A cross between scalloped potatoes and a loaded baked potato. This is one of my family favorites! Goes with just about anything – I suggest serving as a side to steak or grilled chicken.
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- ½ (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup butter, at room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 potatoes, peeled and sliced into thin rounds, or as needed
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ½ cup cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Place 1/2 the Cheddar cheese, chicken soup, sour cream, cream cheese, butter, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until well blended. Stir in potatoes with a large wooden spoon until evenly coated. Transfer to a baking pan. Cover with aluminum foil.
- 3 Bake on the upper rack of the preheated oven until bubbly, about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Scatter the remaining Cheddar cheese and bacon on top; continue baking until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle green onions on top.
- Calories 436.5
- Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 93.9 mg
- Fat 33.7 g
- Fiber 1.6 g
- Protein 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Sodium 826.6 mg
- Sugar 1.1 g