- Published Aug 14th
- Ready In45m
I learned this excellent cream of zucchini soup recipe while living in Spain from a 75-year old woman in Madrid. It’s excellent, easy, low-fat, and cheap, as well as a wonderful comfort food. Vary recipe by adding carrots or spinach or other vegetables. Increase potato volume for thicker soup. Garnish with croutons, paprika and chives. Delish!
Crema de Calabazines Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Crema de Calabazines for 8 servings:
- 5 medium zucchini
- 2 potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 (6 ounce) package Laughing Cow® Light Creamy Swiss wedges
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Crema de Calabazines Cooking Instructions
- Ready In45m
To cook Crema de Calabazines, you need about 25 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Crema de Calabazines is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Crema de Calabazines within 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Crema de Calabazines easily:
- 1 Clean and quarter zucchini and potatoes. Peel and chop onion. In a large pot boil zucchini, potatoes and onion in water (just covering them) until very tender. Drain vegetables, but retain stock.
- 2 In a blender, or with a hand blender, puree the cheese, zucchini, potatoes, onion and bouillon while adding stock, until desired consistency is reached. (If you're using a blender, do this in two batches.)
- 3 Pour mixture back into large pot and bring to a boil. Salt and pepper to taste.
Per Serving: 113 calories; 2.8 grams of fat; 16.6 grams of carbohydrates; 7.1 grams of protein; 8 milligrams of cholesterol; 832 milligrams of sodium.