- Published Sep 24th
- Ready In40m
Creole Shrimp Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Creole Shrimp for 2 servings:
- 3 tablespoons rendered bacon fat
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped stewed tomatoes
- 1/8 cup tomato sauce
- 6 tablespoons minced onion
- 6 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 7 ounces frozen, peeled and deveined shrimp
Creole Shrimp Cooking Instructions
- Ready In40m
To cook Creole Shrimp, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Creole Shrimp is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Creole Shrimp within 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Creole Shrimp easily:
- 1 Melt bacon fat in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the flour and cook until browned, stirring constantly to make a brown roux (see Editor's Note). Stir tomatoes, tomato sauce, minced onion, green pepper, parsley, garlic, water, salt and pepper into the roux. Bring sauce to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 20 minutes. Add shrimp to mixture and cook until the shrimp turn pink, and have turned opaque in the center.
- Editor's Note
- Learn more about roux in our article, All About Roux.
Per Serving: 398 calories; 22.5 grams of fat; 30.5 grams of carbohydrates; 20.5 grams of protein; 169 milligrams of cholesterol; 3176 milligrams of sodium.