Chicken breasts stuffed with a mixture of sausage, mushrooms, onion, garlic and blue cheese dressing; coated with Creole seasoning, seared and baked. These are great with sweet cornbread and your favorite style of rice!
- ½ pound smoked sausage, sliced thinly
- ½ pound fresh button mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons blue cheese salad dressing, divided
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Cajun-style seasoning
- 1 To Make Stuffing: Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium high heat; once sausage starts to brown, add mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes, then add green onion and garlic and saute for another 2 minutes. Remove stuffing mixture from heat, put in a food processor and add 1 tablespoon salad dressing. Process slowly in processor, roughly chopping.
- 2 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 3 Cut 2 inch slits in sides of chicken breasts and stuff with as much stuffing as breast will hold. Season both sides of breasts liberally with Cajun-style seasoning and sear in a hot skillet for 1 to 2 minutes per side, then place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with leftover stuffing and remaining 3 tablespoons salad dressing.
- 4 Bake at 375 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Calories 553.4
- Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 123.4 mg
- Fat 36.5 g
- Fiber 1.2 g
- Protein 47.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11 g
- Sodium 1913.8 mg
- Sugar 3.6 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.