Outstanding dip, with a semi-sweet, creamy kick. This is a good spread for sandwiches, topper for soft cheeses, or option for salad dressing. I made this without oil to cut fat. With summer close, we have to use all the help we can get!
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 fresh habanero chili (handle with gloves)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ⅓ teaspoon gray sea salt
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Preheat an oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- 2 Place the bell peppers onto a baking sheet. Roast in the preheated oven until the skins are nicely blackened, about 30 minutes, turning the peppers once halfway through to ensure even cooking; transfer to a brown paper sandwich bag and close tight. Wait until the peppers are completely cooled, about 20 minutes. You can remove the skins by rubbing the peppers in the bag. It cuts the mess a lot. Discard the stem, skin, and seeds.
- 3 Combine the roasted orange bell pepper, habanero pepper, parsley, mint, avocado, honey, orange marmalade, Dijon mustard, sea salt, rice wine vinegar, and water in a blender; blend until creamy and smooth.
- Calories 40.9
- Carbohydrate 5 g
- Fat 2.5 g
- Fiber 1.3 g
- Protein 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Sodium 52.9 mg
- Sugar 2.8 g