- Published Nov 30th
- Ready In1h 5m
Crouton Eggplant Parmesan Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Crouton Eggplant Parmesan for 8 servings:
- 2 cups garlic-flavored croutons
- 1 egg
- 2 pinches salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Japanese eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
Crouton Eggplant Parmesan Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 5m
To cook Crouton Eggplant Parmesan, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Crouton Eggplant Parmesan is about 45 minutes , and you can serve your Crouton Eggplant Parmesan within 1 hour 5 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Crouton Eggplant Parmesan easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line an oven-safe baking pan with aluminum foil or wax paper.
- 2 Place croutons into a food processor; blend until coarsely ground, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate.
- 3 Mix egg, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; dip eggplant slices into the egg mixture until coated. Transfer to crouton crumbs plate; coat eggplant in croutons. Placed breaded eggplant into prepared pan.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until breading is golden brown on both sides, 10 to 15 minutes per side.
- 5 Mix pasta sauce and garlic powder together in a bowl. Pour half of the sauce mixture into an oven-safe baking pan; top with half the Parmesan cheese.
- 6 Place baked eggplant onto Parmesan cheese layer; cover with mozzarella cheese. Pour remaining pasta sauce over mozzarella layer; top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- 7 Bake in the preheated oven until Parmesan cheese is a light golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 310 calories; 14.5 grams of fat; 28 grams of carbohydrates; 15.4 grams of protein; 44 milligrams of cholesterol; 801 milligrams of sodium.