- Published Aug 12th
- Ready In30m
Cuban Chicken Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Cuban Chicken for 4 servings:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can chicken chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup stuffed green olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 bay leaves
Cuban Chicken Cooking Instructions
- Ready In30m
To cook Cuban Chicken, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Cuban Chicken is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Cuban Chicken within 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Cuban Chicken easily:
- 1 Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes; add garlic and continue to cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- 2 Stir tomatoes, chicken, red bell pepper, raisins, olives, red wine vinegar, oregano, cumin, and bay leaves into the onion mixture; cook until heated through, 5 to 7 minutes more. Remove and discard bay leaves before serving.
- Cook's Note:
- You can put rice into the pot to cook with everything else, but add 2 cups chicken broth and simmer 20 minutes until the rice is done. One fewer pot to wash!
Per Serving: 308 calories; 12.7 grams of fat; 27.7 grams of carbohydrates; 21.3 grams of protein; 53 milligrams of cholesterol; 1013 milligrams of sodium.