- Published Aug 12th
- Ready In30m
An unusual combination of ingredients. Yummy! Serve over rice. You can put rice into the pot to cook with everything else, but add 2 cups chicken broth and simmer 20 minutes until the rice is done. One fewer pot to wash!
Cuban Chicken Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Cuban Chicken for 4 servings:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can chicken chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup stuffed green olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 bay leaves
Cuban Chicken Cooking Instructions
- Ready In30m
To cook Cuban Chicken, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Cuban Chicken is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Cuban Chicken within 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Cuban Chicken easily:
- 1 Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes; add garlic and continue to cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- 2 Stir tomatoes, chicken, red bell pepper, raisins, olives, red wine vinegar, oregano, cumin, and bay leaves into the onion mixture; cook until heated through, 5 to 7 minutes more. Remove and discard bay leaves before serving.
- Cook's Note:
- You can put rice into the pot to cook with everything else, but add 2 cups chicken broth and simmer 20 minutes until the rice is done. One fewer pot to wash!
Per Serving: 308 calories; 12.7 grams of fat; 27.7 grams of carbohydrates; 21.3 grams of protein; 53 milligrams of cholesterol; 1013 milligrams of sodium.