Slices of roasted pork loin and ham are layered with mustard, pickles, and Swiss cheese in a hoagie roll. The sandwiches are then grilled in butter until golden brown.
- 1 pound Smithfield® Original Pork Loin Filet
- 1 pound Smithfield/Farmland® Ham
- 5 tablespoons yellow mustard, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 dill pickles, each cut lengthwise into 4 slices
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Spread 1 tablespoon mustard over the entire loin; season with salt and pepper.
- 2 Place pork on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast in 450 degrees F oven for about 20 minutes until internal temperature reaches 150 degrees F. Let stand 10 minutes before thinly slicing.
- 3 Slice hoagie rolls in half horizontally and spread 1 tablespoon butter on the inside of both halves. Layer sandwich with the filling ingredients in the following order: sliced roast, sliced ham, remaining 4 tablespoons mustard, pickles and Swiss cheese.
- 4 Heat large skillet and coat pan with 1 tablespoon butter. Cook sandwiches in skillet until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted. (Can also use a sandwich press to grill.) Slice sandwiches in half diagonally and enjoy.
- Calories 830.4
- Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Cholesterol 162.8 mg
- Fat 54.1 g
- Fiber 2.7 g
- Protein 41.1 g
- Saturated Fat 27.1 g
- Sodium 2051.9 mg
- Sugar 3.7 g