I made these for a school carnival, they turned out great. I did not need to frost them. To do something different, divide cream cheese filling into 4 different parts and tint each part a different color. Feel free to get creative with the surprises!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 4 maraschino cherries
- 4 milk chocolate candy kisses
- 4 walnut halves
- 1 (1.4 ounce) bar chocolate covered toffee bars, chopped
- ⅓ cup raisins
- ¼ cup candy coated peanut butter pieces
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, and egg together until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Set aside.
- 2 Prepare cake mix according to package instructions. Fill each cup half full. Drop a heaping teaspoonful of cream cheese mix in center of each cupcake. Press one cherry, or chocolate kiss, walnut half, toffee piece, a few raisins or peanut putter pieces in the center of each cupcake.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Calories 193.8
- Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Cholesterol 19.1 mg
- Fat 10.3 g
- Fiber 1.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Sodium 218.3 mg
- Sugar 15.8 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.