This take on traditional chicken salad has received rave reviews wherever it’s been served. I’ve even been able to convert my husband, who won’t come within 10 feet of traditional chicken salad, into a “more please” kinda guy when I serve these curried chicken lettuce wraps for dinner! Also makes great leftovers as it tastes even better after a day or two!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or to taste
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt to taste
- 1 medium green apple, diced
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 ½ tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 12 leaves lettuce, or more to taste
- 1 Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, lime juice, and salt; cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- 2 Add apple, cranberries, almonds, and green onions to the chicken.
- 3 Mix mayonnaise and curry powder together in a large bowl. Add to chicken mixture and stir to coat. Transfer to the refrigerator until flavors have blended together, at least 1 hour, or overnight for more flavor.
- 4 Spoon chilled chicken salad into individual lettuce leaves. Wrap and eat with your fingers.
- Calories 365.1
- Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 44.3 mg
- Fat 27.5 g
- Fiber 1.9 g
- Protein 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Sodium 170.8 mg
- Sugar 12.3 g