- Published Dec 24th
- Ready In55m
Curried Sweet Potato Latkes Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Curried Sweet Potato Latkes for 6 servings:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 cups peeled, shredded sweet potato
- 2 cups oil for frying, or as needed
Curried Sweet Potato Latkes Cooking Instructions
- Ready In55m
To cook Curried Sweet Potato Latkes, you need about 45 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Curried Sweet Potato Latkes is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Curried Sweet Potato Latkes within 55 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Curried Sweet Potato Latkes easily:
- 1 Combine flour, curry powder, white sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, cumin, salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper in a bowl.
- 2 Whisk together eggs and milk in a separate bowl. Pour into flour mixture and stir until well blended and batter has no lumps. Stir in sweet potatoes until fully combined.
- 3 Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of a heavy skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into hot oil, using spatula to flatten. Fry until well browned, about 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- 4 Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
- Cook's Note:
- Keep these latkes small. They don't get quite done if they're too thick.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 224 calories; 9.6 grams of fat; 30.1 grams of carbohydrates; 5.2 grams of protein; 56 milligrams of cholesterol; 451 milligrams of sodium.