- Published Jul 8th
- Ready In1h 25m
Curry Split Pea Soup Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Curry Split Pea Soup for 20 servings:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 white onions, sliced
- 6 stalks celery, sliced
- 10 cups water
- 8 cubes chicken bouillon
- 2 cups dried split peas
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
Curry Split Pea Soup Cooking Instructions
- Cook1h 5m
- Ready In1h 25m
To cook Curry Split Pea Soup, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Curry Split Pea Soup is about 1 hour 5 minutes , and you can serve your Curry Split Pea Soup within 1 hour 25 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Curry Split Pea Soup easily:
- 1 In a large soup pot over medium heat, heat the olive oil, and stir in the lemon juice, garlic, carrots, onions, and celery. Cook and stir until the carrots become soft enough to break apart with a fork, about 20 minutes. Transfer the vegetables and their juices into a bowl, and refrigerate. Once slightly cool, place them into a blender, and blend until the mixture forms a smooth puree.
- 2 Pour the water into the soup pot, and stir in the chicken bouillon cubes until they dissolve. Pour in the vegetable puree, and bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Stir in split peas, Italian seasoning, cumin, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and curry powder. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until the peas soften and break down into a thick soup, at least 45 minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 106 calories; 2.5 grams of fat; 16.1 grams of carbohydrates; 5.6 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 834 milligrams of sodium.