Looking for something a bit different from your ordinary beef burger? Give lean ground turkey burgers a pop of flavor by adding curry powder and mango chutney. We enjoy ours on a sesame seed bun with leaf lettuce, Sriracha mayo, and occasionally, a slice of onion.
- 1 pound ground turkey (such as Jenni-O®)
- ¼ cup mango chutney (such as Major Grey's®)
- 2 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Combine ground turkey, mango chutney, bread crumbs, dried onion, curry powder, ginger, garlic powder, and salt in a bowl; mix well. Quarter the mixture, and shape into patties about 1/2-inch thick.
- 2 Move patties to the freezer for 20 minutes to help them hold their shape better on the grill and not fall apart.
- 3 Prepare an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- 4 Cook turkey burgers on the preheated grill over direct heat until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 4 to 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Serve immediately.
- Calories 228.1
- Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 83.6 mg
- Fat 10.5 g
- Fiber 0.9 g
- Protein 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Sodium 533.7 mg
- Sugar 0.5 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.