- Published Jun 16th
- Ready In55m
I wanted to make my husband a nice Father’s Day brunch, but we were in dire need of a trip to the grocery store. I scrounged what we had in the kitchen, and the Dad’s Day Strata was born! It turned out very yummy and is very easy.
Dad’s Day Strata Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Dad’s Day Strata for 4 servings:
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 3 slices whole wheat bread, cubed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, drained
- 8 slices deli honey ham, shredded
- 1/4 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Dad’s Day Strata Cooking Instructions
- Ready In55m
To cook Dad’s Day Strata, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Dad’s Day Strata is about 40 minutes , and you can serve your Dad’s Day Strata within 55 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Dad’s Day Strata easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch square casserole dish.
- 2 Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add broccoli, cover, and steam until tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
- 3 Mix steamed broccoli, bread cubes, diced tomatoes, ham, and pepper jack cheese together in a large bowl.
- 4 Beat eggs, cream, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together in a separate bowl; stir into broccoli mixture. Pour mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until eggs are set in the middle, about 35 minutes. Allow to cool for 3 to 5 minutes before cutting.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 320 calories; 18.9 grams of fat; 18.1 grams of carbohydrates; 20.6 grams of protein; 247 milligrams of cholesterol; 1145 milligrams of sodium.