Yummy, oozing, fried green olives! A very unique appetizer that is great to have on hand in the freezer for impressing unexpected guests! Breaded olives may be kept in the freezer until ready to fry.
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (such as Tabasco®)
- 1 (21 ounce) jar Queen-size pitted green olives, drained
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 ½ cups dry bread crumbs, or as needed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1 Mix together the cream cheese, pepperjack cheese, and hot sauce until evenly blended. Place into a piping bag, and fill each olive with the cheese mixture. Place the olives onto a baking sheet, and freeze 30 minutes.
- 2 Beat the eggs with the water in a small bowl; set aside. Combine the bread crumbs, flour, and black pepper in a mixing bowl. Dip the olives into the egg mixture, then roll in the bread crumbs. Replace the breaded olives onto the baking sheet, and freeze 30 minutes more.
- 3 Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 4 Bread the olives a second time by dipping into the remaining egg mixture, then rolling in the bread crumbs. Fry the olives in batches in the preheated oil until golden brown on the outside and hot on the inside, about 4 minutes.
- Calories 345.2
- Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 63.8 mg
- Fat 28 g
- Fiber 0.8 g
- Protein 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Sodium 1266.2 mg
- Sugar 1.1 g