My personal take on Lebanese fattoush salad. A refreshing and healthy salad with lots of flavor. To make this salad into a hearty meal, add strips of grilled chicken or white fish. Makes a great side dish to any Middle Eastern or Mediterranean-style cuisine.
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 pita bread rounds, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large roma tomato, cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ½ English cucumber, cut into bite-size pieces
- ¼ cup chopped feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, or more to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced, or more to taste
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- ½ teaspoon Greek seasoning
- ½ teaspoon ground sumac
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Heat grapeseed oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook and stir pita bread pieces in hot oil until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer bread pieces to a paper-towel lined plate.
- 2 Stir romaine lettuce, tomato, red onion, cucumber, feta cheese, mint, and parsley together in a large bowl.
- 3 Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, Greek seasoning, sumac, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl until completely combined. Pour olive oil mixture and pita bread pieces into lettuce mixture; toss to coat.
- Calories 260.5
- Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 11.2 mg
- Fat 19.8 g
- Fiber 1.9 g
- Protein 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4 g
- Sodium 300 mg
- Sugar 3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.