- Published Apr 4th
- Ready In1h 15m
Dar’s Super Savory Sauerkraut Potato Bake Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Dar’s Super Savory Sauerkraut Potato Bake for 6 servings:
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup drained sauerkraut
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon caraway seeds (optional)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
Dar’s Super Savory Sauerkraut Potato Bake Cooking Instructions
- Cook1h 5m
- Ready In1h 15m
To cook Dar’s Super Savory Sauerkraut Potato Bake, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Dar’s Super Savory Sauerkraut Potato Bake is about 1 hour 5 minutes , and you can serve your Dar’s Super Savory Sauerkraut Potato Bake within 1 hour 15 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Dar’s Super Savory Sauerkraut Potato Bake easily:
- 1 Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- 2 Whisk the flour, bouillon granules, water, and milk together in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil until thick, 1 to 2 minutes, whisking continuously. Remove from heat and stir the sour cream into the flour mixture; set aside to cool.
- 3 Combine the onion, Cheddar cheese, sauerkraut, salt, pepper, and caraway seeds in a large mixing bowl. Stir the sour cream sauce and the melted butter into the sauerkraut mixture; fold the hash brown potatoes into the mixture. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Use a spatula to flatten into an even layer.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until the potatoes are tender and the top is brown and bubbly, 60 to 70 minutes.
Per Serving: 368 calories; 31.3 g of carbohydrate; 43 mg of cholesterol; 23.6 g of fat; 2.6 g of fiber; 10 g of protein; 12.8 g of saturatedFat; 681 mg of sodium; 3 g of sugar;