A holiday tradition. My mother made these date balls every year at Christmas time. They may be stored in a plastic or glass container. If the weather is warm, keep them in the refrigerator. Make sure balls are cooled thoroughly before storing.
- 1 (8 ounce) package chopped pitted dates
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup margarine
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar, or as needed
- 1 Cook and stir dates, sugar, and margarine in a large saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves; remove from heat. Fold crispy rice cereal, pecans, and vanilla extract into the date mixture until evenly mixed.
- 2 Grease your hands with margarine. Roll date mixture into 1-inch balls.
- 3 Spread confectioners' sugar into a shallow dish; roll date balls in confectioners' sugar to coat.
- Calories 146.3
- Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Fat 7.1 g
- Fiber 1.2 g
- Protein 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Sodium 70.7 mg
- Sugar 17.2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.