- Published Aug 29th
Date Bars I Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Date Bars I for 24 servings:
- 2 1/2 cups dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
Date Bars I Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Date Bars I easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch square baking pan.
- 2 To make filling: In a small saucepan, combine dates, brown sugar, and water. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 3 To make the crust: Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in large bowl. Cut in shortening until mixture becomes crumbly. Press half of crust evenly into baking pan. Spread date mixture over the top. Crumble remaining crust mixture over the top of date mixture.
- 4 Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool on wire racks before cutting into bars.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 247 calories; 9.4 grams of fat; 39.8 grams of carbohydrates; 2.8 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 74 milligrams of sodium.