This elegant dinner comes together in less than 30 minutes, and is a fabulous dinner to serve for date night at home, or for a dinner party, and even if you’re doing dinner solo it’s still an awesome meal to enjoy – just adjust the ingredient quantities.
- 1 (12 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil, divided
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, divided
- 1 ¼ cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook angel hair pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain.
- 2 Meanwhile, butterfly shrimp, and lightly press open.
- 3 Mix flour, salt, garlic, and black pepper in a shallow dish. Reserve 2 tablespoons flour mixture and set aside. Dredge shrimp in flour mixture until well coated, shaking off excess flour.
- 4 Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil and allow to get hot. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in the hot oil, add shrimp, and cook until shrimp are bright pink on the outside and the meat is opaque, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a pan lined with a drip rack and keep warm.
- 5 Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in the same skillet and stir in reserved flour mixture. Stir and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, but be careful so it doesn't burn. Add chicken broth and white wine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce heat, and add cream and lemon juice. Stir and cook until sauce has slightly thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and stir in remaining 2 tablespoons butter until melted.
- 6 Divide pasta into serving bowls, top with lemon sauce, and 4 to 5 shrimp per serving. Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Calories 705.4
- Carbohydrate 66 g
- Cholesterol 225.4 mg
- Fat 34.3 g
- Fiber 3.8 g
- Protein 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Sodium 1322.9 mg
- Sugar 2.2 g