- Published Aug 13th
Rolled cookies with a date-filled center.
Date Nut Pinwheel Cookies I Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Date Nut Pinwheel Cookies I for 24 servings:
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Date Nut Pinwheel Cookies I Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Date Nut Pinwheel Cookies I easily:
- 1 Chop pitted dates in food chopper. Place dates into small saucepan and add 1/4 cup sugar, dash of salt, and 1 1/4 cups of water. Cook, stirring constantly until mixture is of a soft consistency. Remove from heat.
- 2 Add grated lemon rind, lemon juice, and chopped nuts. Mix well and chill.
- 3 Cream together 3/4 cup butter and gradually add 1/2 cup white sugar and 1cup lightly packed brown sugar. Beat well. Beat 2 eggs until thick and add to creamed mixture part at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla.
- 4 Measure into a sifter 3 1/2 cups flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, and 3/4 teaspoon of salt. Sift together twice. Sift dry ingredients into creamed mixture about 1/4 at a time. Combine thoroughly after each addition. Chill until firm.
- 5 Divide dough into 3 parts. Roll out 1 part at a time into a rectangle. Spread with date filling. Roll up jelly roll fashion in waxed paper. Chill several hours.
- 6 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- 7 With sharp knife, slice 1/4 inch thick slices off of rolls and place on greased cookie sheets. Bake 10 - 13 minutes. Let cool.
Per Serving: 231 calories; 8.5 grams of fat; 36.7 grams of carbohydrates; 3.2 grams of protein; 31 milligrams of cholesterol; 173 milligrams of sodium.