- Published Jun 18th
- Ready In2h 30m
Day After Thanksgiving Turkey Pho Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Day After Thanksgiving Turkey Pho for 4 servings:
- 1 whole cardamom pod
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 star anise pod
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons coriander seed
- 1 (2 inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and smashed
- 1/2 onion, peeled
- 1 turkey carcass
- 8 cups water, or more as needed
- 1 (16 ounce) package dried flat rice noodles
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- salt to taste
- 1 cup shredded leftover cooked turkey
- 1 tablespoon shredded fresh basil leaves (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1/4 onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chile-garlic sauce (such as Sriracha®), or to taste (optional)
Day After Thanksgiving Turkey Pho Cooking Instructions
- Cook2h 15m
- Ready In2h 30m
To cook Day After Thanksgiving Turkey Pho, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Day After Thanksgiving Turkey Pho is about 2 hours 15 minutes , and you can serve your Day After Thanksgiving Turkey Pho within 2 hours 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Day After Thanksgiving Turkey Pho easily:
- 1 Toast the cardamom pod, cloves, star anise, fennel, and coriander in a small skillet over medium-low heat until fragrant, 5 to 7 minutes. Place the spices onto the center of a 8 inch square piece of cheesecloth. Gather together the edges of the cheesecloth, and tie with kitchen twine to secure. Sear both sides of the ginger and 1/2 onion in the same skillet until lightly charred, about 3 minutes on each side.
- 2 Place the turkey carcass, water, sachet, ginger, and onion in a large pot over medium-high eat. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 2 hours.
- 3 Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the rice noodles, and return to a boil. Cook the noodles uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the noodles have cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- 4 Remove the carcass, sachet, ginger, and onion from the soup. Strain the soup to remove any meat that may have fallen off the bones, if necessary. Season with fish sauce and salt. Divide the rice noodles and turkey meat evenly into 4 large bowls. Scatter the basil, cilantro, and sliced onion on top. Ladle the soup on top. Serve with a wedge of lime and hot sauce.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 755 calories; 27.3 grams of fat; 99.7 grams of carbohydrates; 24 grams of protein; 87 milligrams of cholesterol; 1524 milligrams of sodium.